Monday, October 19, 2015

Trying to Be An Adult In A World Where All of My Bad Decisions Are Well Documented

Okay, I admit it...

I have made some really poor choices in the course of my life: did I really need that shield of bangs combed over in the 8th grade? Why was I so vague and awkward in my early social media days? Should I have posted all of those song quotes? Probably not.

I'm still one of those people whose profile you can still scroll to 2008 and witness the tragedy of my pre-teen/teen years. (Okay, maybe I will eventually delete the worst ones after saving them on my computer for some hacktivist group to find when I'm rich and famous).

But for now you can look at it; this includes such classics as:

Replying to Comments From People Who Seem To No Longer Exist

Having 30 Comments Long Arguments With My Friends On A Photo

Pictures of My Pop Punk Phase

Misspelled Words and Horrible Word Choice Galore

Quotes From Panic! At The Disco Songs

Vague Status Updates About My Boyfriend

And So Many More Timeless Hits...

Odds are, you have made these mistakes as well, although maybe you have had to foresight to delete them and have a semi-professional or at least trendy online presence. I, however, keep these posts for now as a badge of pride; I survived my teen years and all of the awkward phases that entailed. I bet you did too.

love always,
Saint Of Perpetual Boredom


No comments:

Post a Comment